Monday, June 18, 2012

Big Changes

This summer we have experienced big changes in the Townsend family.  I do believe they are all good changes, and we prayed on each one.  Because if God is not in it, then these changes could be disastrous.

1.  We took our first trip to Disney.  We had talked for several years about going.  This year was the year.  It doesn't hurt that Eric had points that paid for our hotel and our rental car.

2.  Corbin went to 4-H camp.  This is the first time he has been away from home for a week.  I was more nervous than him this morning when I dropped him off.  Allie had to calm me down.  I know this experience will be great for him.  I can't wait until Friday to hear what all he has done.

3.  I changed teaching positions.  I truly know the Lord was involved in this decision.  I am excited about my new school - OSMS.  I really like my new principal and can't wait until August. 

4.  Allie started piano lessons.  She has wanted to for a while now.  But we just didn't have time.  I thought this summer will give her a good start to see if she wants to continue during the school year.

5.  Eric finished his latest project - a mandolin.  He never ceases to amaze me with his talent.  He was so proud of it, and played it in church last Sunday. 

6.  I have learned to say, "No."  This is a BIG one.  As a mother, I want my kids to have new experiences.  But with Eric traveling for work so much, I can't do it all.  I can't do my teaching job, keep my house clean, homework, church, and run my kids to their various extracuricular activities.  I need to take time for myself every day to relieve stress.  We have assigned chores to the kids.  No chores = no allowance.  We have also told the kids when school starts, they may choose one activity at a time.  I can't handle cheerleading, dance, gymnastics, etc.  That was just Allie's schedule.

No comments:



The Townsends


Designed By:


Munchkin Land Designs

google anayltics




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved