Tuesday, October 2, 2012

It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to . .

Well, my birthday is this Saturday, and I guess I am handling it well.  I don't like the gray hairs and wrinkles I am getting, but I know I am blessed.  I have a great family, a good job, and a wonderful Savior.  I really can't complain about anything.  I am just "content" right now.  Which is strange, but amazing!

We are so busy this weekend.  We have 2 other birthday parties to attend and our Sunday School class is having a picnic.  My little girl is also playing the piano this Sunday for Youth Sunday.  I can't wait to hear her!  She has practice so hard for weeks now.


Next year's birthday will be the big 40, so I am already planning it.  I want Eric and I to go to New York for a long weekend.  It has been years since I have been, and I have been missing Lady Liberty lately.

 
I want to visit the Empire State Building and go to a New York show. Years ago, I saw "The Lion King" and Phantom of the Opera."  I want to go to Central Park and go on a carriage ride. 
 
 On one of my visits years ago, my cousin and I got to go to the rehearsal taping of Saturday Night Live.  Queen Latifah was the host, and it was so unbelievable to see.  I will never forget that experience. We were on the second row!  I want to walk down the busy streets of New York and people watch.  Ha!  I could sit at a restaurant and people watch all day. 
 
 
The big 40 is exciting and a year away, but I am going to start planning away.  I cannot wait.  I will not mourn it and hide in my house all week.  I am going to celebrate!
 
 
 

 

2 comments:

Jason, Betsy, Jackson said...

You look fabulous! I love that you are already planning ~ I say what and celebrate after Thanksgiving! Nothing better than NYC at Christmas:)

Cristi Atchley said...

Happy early birthday, Christi!

Live it up!



The Townsends


Designed By:


Munchkin Land Designs

google anayltics




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved