Saturday, January 26, 2013

Saving app and coupons

Oh my, how groceries have gone upI  I went to Krogers today, and I spent $155.  My kids love fruit but spending $8 on apples was what I consider highway robbery.  Ha!  I only used $3.75 in coupons.  I normally use more, but not today.  I don't buy things just because I have a coupon.  We have to use the items I have coupons on.

On other blog, I saw the app Ibotta.  If you buy certain items and upload your receipt, you get money.  I tried it today.  Again, I went small.  I only bought some cereal, pop tarts, and Capri Sun drinks that we eat on a regular basis.  I uploaded my receipt and scanned my bar codes on the items I bought.  It is pending right now and it is only $1.75 that I will receive.  But I know every penny adds up.

The good thing about the app was that it wasn't hard to do.  I know I could save a lot more if I had more time to plan out my grocery shopping.  But with the ice storm, we had no food in the house.  Eric worked today so I took the kids with me.  Which they did fine, but my time is limited if I have them.

I, also, used Ebates.  I had heard from other blogs about it.  It was easy, and there are lots of stores to choose from.  Old Navy was having a sale, and I needed some kakies.  I am curious to see if I will really make any real money from my purchases.  But it is worth a try.  Does anyone else use Ibotta or Ebates.  Do you have any suggestions on how to use them better?


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

This sounds like a great ap!! I can see how it would really add up!



The Townsends


Designed By:


Munchkin Land Designs

google anayltics




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved